Target date: November 2001 (Building permit was issued June 6th)
Moving-in date: January 23, 2002 - That wasn't too bad!
August 2002: Finished 'Shroomshots!
|Front door||Granite table||Kitchen||Stealth desk|
|Guest BR||Bath||Bath 2||Master BR|
|Fireplace||Dance studio||Alien visitors||The eKennel|
|AIBO enshrined||Family portrait *||Northern exposure||View south|
* from Kentwell Hall, Suffolk, England: Bridget Clopton c.1570
Spring 2002: Space-'shrooms!
A work in progress
|Getting there!||Ready for decks||Mushroom stuffing|
Definitely not Frost
Click to see why
Early construction photos
|studio shroom||Backhoe Bill||dance studio||geometry|
|looking NE||mighty shrooms||putty putty||stairs|
Features worth mentioning...
- Completely unprofessional owner plan hacked quickly in shareware and modified on the fly on a near-daily basis (Thank you, Steve Burch, Langston Construction--a patient man!)
- Nine-foot walls, both levels
- Main level ceilings vaulted to the top of the peak
- 30-foot main hexagons; 3824 square feet of 'shroom with two decks
- Spanish-style roof tiles of mushroom-gray
- Black cabinets and appliances, blacker-than-night granite tile counters
- Cikira-designed granite-topped Stealth Office-desk(tm)
- Local electrician now knows what Ethernet is...
- Equi=Tech ET5W hard-wired balanced power system in the studio
- Electrician now knows what that is, too.
- Six track-light units forming a huge studio ceiling fixture
- Decorative interior lanterns that actually are outside lighting
- Electrician listening VERY carefully now...
- Studio furniture: Omnirax and more Omnirax
- Decor style: orientalia, music gear, robots, and the occasional theremin
- Master bedroom fireplace, circular Asian soaking tub in the master bath
- Mirrored lower level dance studio with exercise equipment and tanning booth
- Extra-deep garage for storage and workbench
- No lawn!
- No mortgage!
- 270-degree views of the countryside!
- The Amazing Trapezoidal Guest Suite(tm) for itinerant gearheads eager for the excitement of the sagebrush (bring pizza coupons please)